As our world evolves, more companies and organizations strive to achieve cultural relevancy. IW Group, a marketing agency, is at the forefront of creating unique Asian, multicultural and cross-generational solutions for its clients. We have a dynamic team spread across our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, as well as virtual locations and are always looking for talented, creative and fun people to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Director of Human Interests (Director of Human Resources).
If the shifting future of work excites you and you desire an opportunity to reimagine how to grow and nurture talent in a post-COVID world, then this may be the role for you. We are seeking a forward-thinking people leader with a strong understanding of future work trends, the shifting skills and competencies, and building thriving team culture. In this role, you will develop and implement new ideas, programs and methods to better meet the ever-evolving requirements of a changing workforce and organization.
The following factors include sample attributes of a successful IW Group employee:
· Proactive pursuit and implementation of innovative solutions for area of responsibility
· Passion for industry, work and agency service offerings
· Collaborative, inclusive and contributing member of a team
· Inspiring, motivating and forward-thinking
· Collaborates with senior leadership to develop and implement the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
· Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements innovative initiatives to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
· Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
· Conducts ongoing research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
· Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
· Develops and implements departmental budget.
· Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for staff.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Manage one direct report, First Impressions Specialist (Office Manager).
· Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
· Minimum ten (10) years of Human Resource Management experience required.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter by clicking on the link in this ad.
IW Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.